SDN/Cloud Cybersecurity –Defending the Industrial Cloud
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Process control networks run our industrial delivery systems including power plants, refineries, and manufacturing. These systems are increasingly reliant on Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and cloud elements, which exposes them to an expanding attack surface and accelerating threat landscape. An effective defense requires new architectures, new technologies, and a higher level of vigilance. This presentation gives an overview of the problem and solutions that are being implemented in a variety of industries, using proven designs and tools strategies.
Highlights of the presentation:
- An overview of the threats and challenges facing utilities, manufacturing, and oil and gas
- Cloud-based support services that industrial control operators are implementing
- The open network approach to an industrial standard: the Purdue Model
- Things to avoid: stories from the field
- Transformation and operational tools.
Brett Young is an ICS Security Lead for Leidos. His focus is on SCADA, ITIL, Governance and Compliance. He has helped organizations move from ineffectiveness toward a business-driven posture, based on a secure, resilient infrastructure. Brett works with clients to redesign their ICS networks to a more defensible model, based on ISA/IEC 62443 and NERC CSF guidelines for network segmentation. Among his past clients are several Fortune Fifty banking, investment, oil and gas, and pharmaceutical companies.