May 17th at 11:30am
Norris Conference Center 2525 West Anderson Lane #365 Austin, TX 78757
Topic: What Every CISO, Product Strategist, or Consumer Needs to Know About Biometric Recognition for MFA
If you are a CISO with compliance concerns, or a Product Strategist creating a biometric recognition roadmap, what are your best options? If you are a consumer, and get pulled over, what do you do?
In this interactive talk, we will cover the following questions and topics:
- What’s more secure, password or biometrics?
- What’s more accurate, face or iris?
- Is the US legal system up to the challenge? Which five states are considering bills to restrict biometric use?
- What is happening in the European Union? How will PSD2 and GDPR drive privacy and security requirements? The PSD2 has specific requirements for biometric recognition for multi-factor authentication, or what it terms, “Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).”
- ISO/IEC updates.
- NIST updates including anti-spoofing requirements.
- What’s the deal with FIDO?
Clare Nelson, CISSP, CIPP/E
Clare’s information security and privacy career spans more than 20 years in the industry. Her middle name is MFA, and she loves everything identity. She recently evaluated 200+ MFA vendors, resulting in a successful acquisition. She is currently working on a biometric recognition for MFA project.
Clare’s early technical background includes software development of encrypted TCP/IP variants for NSA. She has held leadership positions in product management, marketing, and technology for companies including DEC, EMC2, Dell, Novell, and TeaLeaf Technology (IBM).
Clare is a co-founder of C1ph3r_Qu33ns, and headed ClearMark Consulting for 14 years. She is currently Director, Office of the CTO at AllClear ID.
Clare’s publications include Multi-Factor Authentication: What to Look For, and Security Metrics: An Overview, in the ISSA Journal. She has delivered papers and talks at AppSec USA, HackFormers, BSides Austin, 2015 FTC Panel, LASCON, InfraGard, and Fortune 500 financial services organizations.
She has a B.S. in Mathematics from Tufts University, and is a lifelong fitness enthusiast.
|11:30 – Networking|
11:45 – Start of Meeting
11:50 – Sponsor
12:00 – Presentation
12:50 – Q&A