Wednesday, Dec 16, 2020, Austin ISSA Chapter Meeting – Board Elections
Join us on Wednesday, December 16, 2020 to celebrate another year of promoting information security in the Austin community. We will be holding elections for open positions of Austin ISSA chapter board. To ensure we have a quorum of members needed for a valid election, we highly encourage all members to attend the December meeting in order to vote.
9 of our 10 board member positions are up for election or vacant – we encourage anyone and everyone to apply and or nominate by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an excellent opportunity to give back to the local security community and at the same time connect with the Austin area security professionals and security industry!
The positions are:
- President (Term Expiring)
- Vice President (Vacant)
- Education Director (Vacant)
- Membership Director (Vacant)
- Treasurer (Term Expiring)
- Recording Secretary (Vacant)
- Corresponding Secretary (Term Expiring)
- Marketing Director (Term Expiring)
- Sponsorship Director (Term Expiring)
Over the last two years we have made many strides:
- Chapter Meetings: We found a better facility to host our meetings (pre-COVID) for free, allowing us to reduce meeting fees to $0 while improving our catering from sandwiches to offerings like Rudy’s Barbecue.
- Education Content: We incorporated lots of content related to emerging areas like cloud, full-stack, containerization, and DevSecOps; and we hosted a slew of excellent speakers who were well-received, including published authors.
- Collaboration Tools: We introduced Slack and Zoom webinars to encourage more participation among those at a greater distance or indisposed, and this capability allowed us to make a smooth transition into telemeeting during COVID.
- Expanded Offerings: We introduced variety and interaction via new events like moderated round tables, war game exercises, and evening networking happy hours.
- Board Streamlining: We slightly restructured officer roles to reduce redundancy and improve our ability to reach quorum.
We are seeking the local security leaders who can take our chapter to the next level by building on the great progress we made in 2020.
More details on these positions is available at https://austinissa.org/chapter-info/
Wed Dec 16 2020 Chapter Meeting
11:30 AM Chapter Business
11:45 AM Election
12:30 AM Speaker of the Year Presentation – Alex Kreilein – CISO, Rapid Deploy
12:50 PM Speaker Q&A
1:00 PM Meeting Concludes
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, this month’s meeting will be hosted virtually via Zoom
Zoom Meeting InfoURL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89875038512?pwd=YzJiQTlVSkhRVE5KK3o5bnhzVHltUT09
One-Tap Mobile: +13462487799,,89875038512#,,,,,,0#,,738406#
Meeting ID: 898 7503 8512
Passcode: 738406Phone Number: 346-248-7799